About Me

My photo
Starting from a young age I have always loved clothes. My mum would put me in one set of clothes in the morning and by the evening I would have changed at least 5 times. My sisters would moan and carry on but it was important that I had a different look all the time. I would always make sure my church outfit was accessorised and my shoes shined. My passion has developed and since opening my dressmaking business I have a sweet spot for amazing fabrics. I hope to pass the tradition on to my own little sweetheart one day!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Started something new today.Bridesmaid #1



Well I always love a new project and new challenge. Today I start 1 of 2 bridesmaids for April this year of which are both totally different. I like how this is becoming a trend and it makes things a whole lot easier for the bride not having to pick a style and try and shove every body shape into that same shape. The bride then doesn't have to compromise ugly looking brides if all different ...suppose the other advantage of the bridesmaid is they have a dress they will definitely wear again.
So after 6 hours of pattern making, cutting, drawing and sewing pieces of calico together, I have my final calico pattern ready for a fitting but...this is the challenge; the bridesmaid is in Perth, W.A and Im in Brisbane, QLD.
I trust that the bride and her bridesmaid will do a great job in drawing, pinning and communicating the changes that I may have to make on this calico. Sometimes I just need to trust my instincts, measurements given and my skills. This is what I love about sewing and dressmaking.
Above is an image that I found on Style Me Pretty website www.stylemepretty.com which is one blog I love to follow daily. The gorgeous brides and their bridal parties with these amazing new creative touches to their special day.

I had such a cute little comment from my husbands little neice today. She was helping me cut out a skirt pattern by holding down the pattern whilst the fan was going flat out. She couldn't believe that I could make my own clothes. Do hope that I have inspired her to continue this amazing art cause she is the future. One day Ella, I will have you sewing your own clothes just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment